Christmas Parcels


Sorry about the lapse in posting but I picked up and moved from the lovely Vancouver. Graduated from culinary school and took a trip across the country to make it to my new home in Halifax. So to say the least I've been a busy girl.



I've been dreaming about getting together a batch of solid recipes and preparing some cute packaging ideas along with a couple of business cards to sell some confectioneries at the local farmers market. Though I'm a far cry from materializing it there is always time to day dream.




But in the meantime I had time to squeeze in a huge batch of candies to give to those people I adore during the holidays.



Some adjustments have to be made to some of the recipes. Like the lemon and chocolate caramel didn't quite set the way I would have liked, a little too soft when I enjoy the extra chew. Fudge has never been my forte so it's hard to judge but the sponge toffee blew my mind.



The minty ones were extremely easy to make. The taste was ok if not a little too minty tasty and a little sloppy to look at. Hopefully the second time around with some adjustments made they'll taste even better.



I've always been a fan of chocolate and nuts so the peanut butter cups I thoroughly enjoyed but next time around I might try them with a crunchy butter for more texture.


I think my next challenge is to conquer my fear of marshmallows. I fell upon a pumpkin marshmallow recipe that I've been meaning to get my hands dirty with.

If anyone wants some recipes, just let me know. With all my love have a terrific New Year celebration with dubious amounts of alcohol and friends.

1 comment:

Christine said...

The goodies were even better then they look in the pictures!!

Chris