Bread Making & Love Baking


So this was my first attempt at baking bread at home. Sure, I've done plenty of loaves at school with the nifty equipment like proffers and rationale ovens but this was my first D.I.Y loaf. After kneading, and waiting, and kneading, a little more waiting and a brief encounter with the oven I had a fresh loaf of dough. It was a little dense, didn't rise as much as expected and chewy beyond words but in all I was pretty proud of myself. I think it was all the love involved in making it that made my forgot how it was supposed to turn out and a little bit of fig preserve surely helped that. I used 100% multi grain bread flour which is a mixture of rye, flax and cracked wheat but I was a little bored with it so I threw in some goji berries; a newer berry on the market that everyone is calling the 'super food' of the future but I was lucky enough to find it on sale and curiosity got me, and some pecans. I'll post the recipe if I have bread enthusiasts around.
And in the very near future I'll post some more ideas about the Entrement presentation that is slowly lurking up on me. I've had staunch opposition to my mustard & pretzel cake but I've got some other ideas brewing.

No comments: