Carrot Cake


We've been baking a storm, naturally. The last couple of days have been rather relaxed compared to the frenzy that was bread week. We have been baking cookies for the last three days and I must admit cookies are two bite delights but a little tiresome when all you want to do is play with Marzipan so imagine my surprise when Chef rolled out some dyed marzipan to play around with.


We had made a Carrot Cake at the beginning of the week and have been tinkering with it in between baking off some Checkerboard cookies & Linzer cookies. I have to admit that the Carrot Cake is just plain fun to look at but when I brought it home for "testing" purposes I found the actual recipe a little too sweet. Could be because we a top all that cream cheese glaze, we portioned half the cake to be filled with extra cream cheese filling. I was staunchly opposed to this idea cause I think a filling should only be used when you have a basic cake recipe to work with as opposed to something so full of flavor like a carrot cake but I went with the crowd and kept to myself about keeping the cream cheese to a minimum. Oh well, baking is all about trial and error.
But back to the fun that was marzipan. I learned a lot about myself while tinkering with the marzipan.

Lesson 1. I could totally build miniature figures of sorts for the rest of my life an be completely content.

Lesson 2. Time looses its function when your paying attention to detail. One hour and five carrots later.

Lesson 3. Labour=Love

No comments: