Ginger Bread The Finale


We had our big competition tonight. And guess what, we placed first in our categorie! Plus there was an open bar which made all the speeches that more exciting.



We spent 4 days of class time plus a couple nights and a weekend to put on all the finishing touches. I think we calculated about 62 batches of royal icing which is like 70 pounds of icing sugar and whites.


I was in control of the kitchen made a fridge an oven along with little tinker objects like a kitchen aide and spatulas. But we had a fine brick layer who made an excellent chimney. Plus a lake pour-er and window treaters.


Everything was hand made from the fondant to the candy canes and I'm so proud of us. Besides extreme boasting privileges we got a $200 certificate to a restaurant to share between us plus a one night stay split between two people. We're still debating how to split it fairly but I'm trying to convince them a jumbo slumber party with a ton of room service.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....big congrads... who gets to keep the gingerbread house? I think your idea of slumber party is the best.

Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Woаh! I'm really loving the template/theme of this website. It's simple, уet
effective. Α lot of times it's challenging to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and visual appeal. I must say that you've ԁone a
vеry goоԁ job with this. Also, the blog lοads very
fast for me on Opera. Superb Blog!

Feel freе tο visit my wеb-sіte Video solutions