Farmers Market Wednesday

Another adventure at the local Farmers Market held a little more than ten blocks from my house. I try to make it every Wednesday that it's held. Today seen the end of the fresh peaches and the cherries are now done and the blueberries look to be heading that way but on the bright side strawberries are just coming in as well as gala apples AND the most beautiful tomatoes. I picked up some concord grapes from a farmer from the Okanogan Valley. Some aforementioned tomatoes and zucchinis that I'm hoping to make muffins out of.



I can't leave this post without mentioning Bad Girl Chocolates. Kelly Boyd, sole owner and chocolate connoisseur, makes the most lovely chocolate truffles you could ever dream up. She has a both set up every Wednesday and brings a handful of goodies. Take a gander at her website to see all the unique flavors she carries: badgirlchocolates.com. Every week she also surprises us with a truffle of the week an this weeks flavour drew some funny faces; tobacco truffle. She also makes old fashioned chewy caramels that I can't leave without a handful of.



And there was unicyclers...

No comments: